At CoMotion LA ’19, experts like Lyft’s Lilly Shoup and Via’s Obinna Emenike shared their insights on Shared Transportation & MaaS. Check out all the panels below:
Can we flip the script on LA’s car culture? Looking towards LA Metro’s Vision 2028 goal of doubling non-drive alone trips, how do we best manage private mobility infrastructure on public streets towards our goals? What changes to public infrastructure are needed (dedicated space to load, park and ride) and what regulation is needed to level the playing field to preserve competitive, reduce negative impacts, and ensure access to a variety of transportation options for everyone?
– Eve Hou, Project Manager, Translink
– Eli Akira Kaufman, Executive Director, Los Angeles County Bicycle Coalition
– Lena Pereira, Deputy General Manager, Metro Bike Share, Bicycle Transit Systems
– Lilly Shoup, Senior Director of Policy and Partnerships, Lyft
Moderated by Avital Shavit, Senior Manager, Office of Extraordinary Innovation, LA Metro
As an FTA Mobility on Demand Sandbox Demonstration grantee, LA Metro was awarded $1.35M, in collaboration with King County Metro and Sound Transit, to partner with a private new mobility company to provide first and last mile service to select transit stations. LA Metro launched its partnership with Via in January 2019, and King County Metro and Sound Transit launched Via to Transit in April 2019. What kind of data sharing agreement did the parties have? What were the critical points during the contracting process and how were they resolved? How did the parties align risks and rewards? How was wheelchair accessible service provided? This will be a panel focused on the contracting and scoping details of the two service partnerships.
– Obinna Emenike, General Manager of Partner Cities, Via
– Casey Gifford, Innovative Mobility Project Manager, King County Metro
– Emma Huang, Principal Transportation Planner, Office of Extraordinary Innovation, Los Angeles Metro
Moderated by Juan Matute, Deputy Director, UCLA Institute of Transportation Studies