At CoMotion LA ’19, experts like Waymo’s Ellie Casson and AWS’ Phil Silver shared their insights on the Autonomous Future. Check out all the panels below:
New technologies such as automation are revolutionizing mobility and user behavior. We must use these advances to center the safety, accessibility, and sustainability of our mobility systems. What public policy, public engagement, infrastructure, and insurance solutions are arising in response to address the public’s perception of these emerging technologies? How are these emerging modes and technologies being integrated within the existing ecosystem of public transportation and the allocation of public space?
– Ellie Casson, Head of Local Policy, Waymo
– Jeff Marootian, Director, District Department of Transportation
– Devin de Vries, CEO, WhereIsMyTransport
Moderated by Chris Teale, Reporter, Smart Cities Dive
Autonomy isn’t just for cars. What are the advantages and opportunities for autonomous buses and other new forms of transit — speed, efficiency, safety? How can cities harness this technology for their own ends? What infrastructure is necessary to maximize their investment? And how can they leverage their unique position as regulators and help design the urban transportation systems of the future?
– Andrew Liu, Senior Vice President, Parsons Corporation
– Phil Silver, Leader – Transportation, State and Local Government, Amazon Web Services
– Uri Tamir, Senior Director, Strategic Initiatives, Mobileye (Intel)
– Karen Vancluysen, Secretary General, Polis network
Moderated by Russ Mitchell, Automobiles Reporting and Analysis, Los Angeles Times